Benefits of employing a National Federation of Roofing Contractors member
When it comes to naming the most important parts of your home, it’s clear that the roof is top of the list. It keeps you, your loved ones and your possessions safe from the elements year round. Whether it’s blistering sunshine or cold as ice outside, you can trust your roof to provide shelter. So, if you’re in need of roofing works, who can you trust to deliver quality workmanship in a timely and approachable manner?
Of course, the answer is to employ a roofing contractor who is a member of the National Federation of Roofing Contractors. In this article, we’re going to find out why NFRC members are the ideal partners for your roofing project.
NFRC Members Meet the Highest Standards
All NFRC roofers are rigorously vetted to guarantee they meet the highest standards of craftsmanship and customer service. The vetting process checks the following and is completed every 3 years:
- Compliance with health and safety legislation.
- Compliance with NFRC Code of Practice and the British and European standards.
- Compliance with government endorsed TrustMark scheme for domestic contractors, which helps members of the public find reliable, vetted contractors.
- Trading record must be clean and include no periods of financial instability.
- Past contracts are inspected for technical competence.
- Up to date public, employers’ and third party insurance cover must be in place.
NFRC Members Offer Technical Support
Free advice is available direct from NFRC to customers of NFRC member contractors. This measure is in place to make sure that customers always have an independent body to advise them. Supplementing this are the publications written by the NFRC, which are available to NFRC members and their customers, too.
NFRC Members Provide Insurance Backed Guarantees
For your peace of mind, NFRC offer warranties for its members through the Quality Assured National Warranties (QANW). This means you receive a guarantee on all underwritten works and materials for an entire 10 year period. Whether it’s a roof installation, repair or refurbishment, NFRC contractor members will be able to ensure your roof performs perfectly for a whole decade after completion.
Courtesies from NFRC Members
You can expect a high standard of consideration shown to you and your home when dealing with an NFRC contractor. As a minimum, we expect our members to provide you with the following:
- An approximate timeframe for the roofing works; though exceptions should be made if the weather impedes progress or if extra works outside the original estimate are essential.
- Notice in advance if a skip is required and advice on where is best to place it.
- A high standard of cleanliness throughout the worksite wherever possible.
- Notice in advance if scaffolding is to be erected and advice on how best to keep it out of bounds to children, pets and other unauthorised people.
And If Something Goes Wrong?
The NFRC implements a standard complaints procedure. Should you find any works carried out by an NFRC member contractor wanting, we have a simple, three-step process that ensures the problem is resolved amiably. Simply contact the contractor and clearly explain the issue, asking them to inspect the work and carry out remedial works if necessary. Ensure the request is also submitted in writing – this is step two. If this does not resolve the issue, get in touch with the NFRC directly and we will resolve the problem to your satisfaction.
Abbey Roofing is proud to be an NFRC member contractor with over 20 years of experience to our name, a team of brilliant roofers and fully trained and accredited staff. We provide all roofing services, including new roofs, roof repairs and roof refurbishments. Whether you’re a homeowner, business or organisation, we can help you with any roofing requirements to make sure you stay warm and dry all year round. We’re ideally located for customers in Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Hertfordshire and London. For more information, contact us today. We’re always happy to help.